Mended Hearts Open Forum

Expand all | Collapse all

Update

  • 1.  Update

    Posted 03-05-2021 18:11
    Just wanted to update all. Cardiologist ordered a ct scan to double check the ultrasound size of my ascending aortic aneurysm. Ultrasound had it at 4.8cm and CT has it at 4.6cm so will be having an ultrasound every six months. My plan is to see how it's fldoing after the next scan and then talk to someone at Mayo in Minnesota since they are so close. Does that sound appropriate or should I wait for my cardiologist to suggest someone? I've never had to search for a 2nd opinion or surgeon before so not sure how to go about it.

    ------------------------------
    Erin Feaker
    IA
    ------------------------------


  • 2.  RE: Update

    Posted 03-06-2021 06:05
    Erin,
    Your cardiologist is your first resource in diagnosis and your advocate with next steps.  He or she should recommend you to the best cardiovascular surgeon for your condition.   You can always have a second opinion in these matters. If you do not have complete confidence your cardiologist you should consider another. An echo cardiogram every six months is sound recommendation.
    Vic

    ------------------------------
    Victor Fabry, CEO
    Greylock Advisors, LLC
    Short Hills, New Jersey
    fvfabry@gmail.com
    ------------------------------



  • 3.  RE: Update

    Posted 03-07-2021 09:54
    Hi Erin
    I recommend Mayo for your second opinion. I think you're on top of this.
    Good luck
    DE

    ------------------------------
    Doris Edwards
    Retired RN
    Dublin, Ohio
    ------------------------------



  • 4.  RE: Update

    Posted 03-06-2021 10:02
    Hi Erin
    I was at Mayo in Rochester too. Dr Warrens was my cardiologist. I really like her. The nurses bedside manners could have been a little better and the food is gross, but the doctors are top notch 😊

    ------------------------------
    [Carrie] [Kashani]
    Parapro
    ISD
    [White Bear Lake [MN]
    Carrie
    ------------------------------



  • 5.  RE: Update

    Posted 03-08-2021 07:38
    Thanks all. I believe I will wait for my next appointment in August to see where my aneurysm is at as well as my valve and discuss with him at that time what steps should be taken as far as searching for a surgeon. I just like to be prepared. It's hard to "trust" someone when you have only spent 15 minutes them but for now I think I'll wait for the next test results before any other action. Appreciate all your support!

    ------------------------------
    Erin Feaker
    IA
    ------------------------------



  • 6.  RE: Update

    Posted 03-08-2021 08:07
    You have our support, Erin
    DE