Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Chest Pain

Posted 08-02-2022 21:32
    I had a little mild chest pain today approximately 3 months after my cabg? Has anybody else had this? A little nervous because I have already had 1 occlusion during hospital, then cardia arrest, then pneumonia. Will also check in with cardiologist. 

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Allan Kluttz
    Fort Mill SC

• 2.  RE: Chest Pain

Posted 08-03-2022 08:14
    Allan,

You really should talk to your cardiologist.  Understand, though, that three months post-cabg is really nothing.  It typically takes a full year to heal.  After all, they sawed your sternum in half and the closed it up with at least one cardiologist has called baling wire. Not to mention all the graft work that was done including, at least in my case (and many others), removal of the left mammary artery to use as a graft to the LAD coronary artery.  Most people, including me and many others on this site have experienced post-cabg chest pain, sometimes months afterwards.

Having said that, you do want to make sure that this is normal healing pain rather than something requiring medical treatment, so see your cardiologist as soon as you can and likely get confirmation that this is nothing but, if it does turn out to be something, at least you'll be dealing with it.

Good luck and keep up posted,

Ira

Ira Reid
    Hoboken NJ

• 3.  RE: Chest Pain

Posted 01-02-2023 12:08
    Hi Allan, 

I am of the opinion that 3 months is a really short time and apparently these are normal manifestations in your case. In any case, for any similar sensations, consult your doctor to confirm if it is normal pain accompanied by healing or if it is due to another cause. I also found possible causes of chest pain on such professional sites, if by chance https://medicspark.com/symptoms/chest-pain/. But I'm more inclined to say that you're just getting better.

Wish you good luck! 
    Nikoleta

Nikoleta Sauren
    Nurse
    Havixbeck