Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Nystagmus and minor dizziness ?

Posted 06-06-2022 08:17
    Hello everyone, I am a 45 year old male who was very athletic my entire life. I was diagnosed and had an Aortic Valve (mechanical) replacement surgery. I had the MI version. This was 30 days ago. I feel great and am walking 3-5 miles a day. Oddly I will get very dizzy and it feels like my eyes are shaking left and right (nystagmus) during a period when I am not exerting myself. I was simply shopping for an air freshener.  I am on Warfarin, Metoperol, Lisinaprol and Amiodarone. My question to the group is - Has anyone else experienced this symptom? The "Spell" has only happened twice in the last month and lasts about 30 -45 seconds.. Very quick. I am just very nervous and looking for advice?

Thanks!!

Shawn

------------------------------
    Shawn Terry
    SLT Investigations - State of Florida Licensed Pri
    Palm Bay FL
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Nystagmus and minor dizziness ?

Posted 06-06-2022 12:36
    Have you spoken to a neurologist? I was getting occasional yet sudden dizzy/faint spells and it turned out to be a vitamin B12 deficiency. It was that simple. Crazy, right? In your case though, it may just be the combination of all your combined meds and dosages. Check with your medical team. 

-Terry

• 3.  RE: Nystagmus and minor dizziness ?

Posted 06-07-2022 19:03
    please please see your doctors promply! !!! do not be put off for 2-4 weeks etc
    our prayers are with uou !
    Marilyn B. Rosenhouse
    Mobile: (214)850-0655