Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Advice on DNR

Posted 11-07-2023 03:07

Does anyone have a DNR and have had surgery? I have a procedure scheduled and I am very nervous about the situation. I have always had issues with anesthesia I am worried that if I pause my DNR what will that mean for me? Can't get any support with this decision because family don't want to accept I am as sick as I am so they don't agree with my choices

Any help would be appreciated 

------------------------------
    pebbles pichon-jackson
    Vancouver WA

• 2.  RE: Advice on DNR
    Best Answer

Posted 11-08-2023 14:26
    You can always suspend your DNR. People do so all the time. What you can do is have a living will, which most facilities encourage to do. It outlines what you want done and not done regarding your health care. You are totally in charge. It relieves your loved ones from having to make difficult decisions because you have already made the decisions. This can be changed at any time too. By all means discuss your anesthesia issues with your doctor and the anesthesiologist who will do your procedure. Good luck to you. You will be fine. Keep us posted. 😍

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: Advice on DNR

Posted 11-13-2023 10:37

Creating an app like Uber involves 

https://mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-make-an-app-like-uber a comprehensive process that combines technology, user experience, and a solid business model. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you get started: Market Research: Understand the ride-sharing market in your target location. Analyze the competition, identify the needs of potential users, and look for opportunities to differentiate your service. Define Your Unique Value Proposition: Determine what sets your ride-sharing app apart from existing ones. This could be unique features, a better user experience, or specific benefits for both riders and drivers. Choose the Right Business Model: Decide on the business model for your ride-sharing app. Options include commission-based models, subscription plans, or a combination of both. Consider pricing strategies for both riders and drivers. Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Understand the local regulations and legal requirements for ride-sharing services in your target area. Ensure that your app complies with all necessary laws and obtains any required permits or licenses.

carlo pinini
    Engineer
    TDLS
    Miami FL

• 4.  RE: Advice on DNR

Posted 11-14-2023 02:53

Thank u so much for the insight I have talked to my Dr and she informed me that they would want me to go full code for procedure but she would make sure if something was to go wrong that I not be on ventilator for any long period of time. Thanks for your suggestion 

pebbles pichon-jackson
    Vancouver WA

• 5.  RE: Advice on DNR

Posted 11-17-2023 01:44

Talk with your surgeon and anesthesiologist, having been a critical care nurse for 30 years, I have worked with anesthesiologist who would not do anesthesia for patients with do not resuscitate orders. To work around the issue, the patient would rescind that directive until after the surgery with the surgeon and family all in agreement prior to the surgery

Susan Voorhees
    Cedaredge CO
    (970) 307 2839

• 6.  RE: Advice on DNR

Posted 11-17-2023 01:55

Talk with your surgeon and anesthesiologist, having been a critical care nurse for 30 years, I have worked with anesthesiologist who would not do anesthesia for patients with do not resuscitate orders. To work around the issue, the patient would rescind that directive until after the surgery with the surgeon and family all in agreement prior to the surgery

[Susan VoorheesFirstName] Voorhees
    [Cedaredge, ColoradoCity] CO
    (970) 261-5098

• 7.  RE: Advice on DNR

Posted 02-05-2024 16:08

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you're facing a challenging decision, and it's understandable that you're feeling nervous and unsupported. Here are some points to consider:

1. Discuss with Your Healthcare Team: It's crucial to have an open and honest conversation with your healthcare team about your concerns regarding anesthesia and your DNR status. They can provide you with detailed information about the risks and benefits of proceeding with surgery while honoring your wishes regarding resuscitation.

2. Review Your Advance Directive: If you have a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order in place, it's essential to review it carefully with your healthcare team. They can explain how it applies to the surgical setting and whether any adjustments need to be made for the procedure.

3. Consider Alternative Options: Depending on your medical condition and the nature of the surgery, there may be alternative treatment options or approaches that could be less invasive or have a lower risk of complications.

4. Seek Support: While it's challenging when family members don't agree with your choices, it's important to prioritize your own wishes and well-being. Consider reaching out to a trusted friend, counselor, or support group who can provide emotional support and help you navigate this difficult decision.

5. Review Legal and Ethical Considerations: Understanding the legal and ethical implications of your decision is essential. Your healthcare team can provide guidance on navigating these aspects and ensuring that your wishes are respected.

Ultimately, the decision to proceed with surgery while having a DNR order in place is highly personal and should be made based on your individual circumstances, values, and preferences. Your healthcare team is there to support you and provide the information you need to make an informed decision.

mike laury
    Las Vegas NV