Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Greetings and happy new year

Posted 01-02-2023 08:15
    Hello,
    I just recently discovered this forum and not sure if this is the correct place to post – but here goes; I recently had an ablation done and was wondering if it was normal for your heart to beat harder not necessarily faster? I've noticed at night time my heart seems to be beating much stronger or maybe I'm just paranoid or noticing it now that I've had the ablation?

------------------------------
    james Ellis
    SURFSIDE Beach SC

• 2.  RE: Greetings and happy new year

Posted 01-05-2023 10:46
    Hi James,
    I have had three ablations overall. The last one was almost two years ago. I never had any memory of a more pronounced beat afterwards but the goal was to eliminate the a-flutter and some VT issues that are not yet completely resolved. This last procedure was roughly 10 1/2hrs because they were working with both types arrhythmia's at the same time. I would feel confident on your end that they completed the mission and your electrical conductivity is right where it needs to be. This is an incredible procedure that has great results so keep positive that you are good to go.

MARK Buttell
    CALEDONIA MN

• 3.  RE: Greetings and happy new year

Posted 01-06-2023 01:53
    I had 2 ablations within 2 days about a year and 3/4 ago. After both ablations for a fib and a flutter I still have uncomfortable cardiac symptoms such as skipping beats and occasional a fib.  I still get shortness of breath  and I feel a slight tightness in my upper chest since the ablations.  They didn't try flecanide prior to the ablations but now I am on it for the rest of my life along with 150 mg of toprol  twice a day and eliquis permanantly. I developed an A-V block also. I get tired so quickly now.  I will pray that you feel good and do not experience any symptoms.  I don't feel a stronger beat as you do.  I wish you the very best!  God is watching over us and that is my best knowledge and gives me peace.  I sing and pray  praises to God in the Spirit and this gives me comfort.

Rusty Everson
    Tallman NY
    (845) 357-3947