Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hello

Posted 01-16-2024 08:57

Hello my name is Susan, I was just diagnosed with diastolic heart failure, COPD, Emphysema and a Myocardial Valve leak. Today was my first day home in over a week since my diagnosis. I just want someone to talk to about my condition and what I can expect. I made some homemade soup and I'm absolutely exhausted! Is that normal? Is this how I'm going to feel from here on out? I would so appreciate it if somebody could or even would chat with me because I feel like I'm flailing in the wind and don't know if how I'm feeling is okay and normal? Also I keep getting acid reflux today I think… is that normal too?

------------------------------
    Susan Oliva

• 2.  RE: Hello

Posted 01-17-2024 09:21

Good morning Susan. One of my diagnoses is CHF. I have several other heart issues too. I am almost 3 years from my initial incident. I was very fatigued early on. Sticking to my diet, meds and therapies,  I have become active again. I work out regularly, bike ride and continue to make strides. You can improve too! My biggest challenge was developing patience with the "new me". Not easy but well worth it. 

Jeff Luckenbach
    Marlboro Township NJ