Mended Little Hearts Open Forum

View Only

Help interpreting Tetralogy of Fallot results

• 1.  Help interpreting Tetralogy of Fallot results

Posted 21 days ago

Hello- my boy has been diagnosed with ToF at 25 weeks gestation. I am trying to understand if the ToF is being complicated with other issues suck as Pulmonary Atresia or MAPCAS or other, and I'm not sure I'm able to interpret the notes correctly.  We are also sending off amnio fluid for 22 deletion testing.

Can someone tell me if this is "run-of-the-mill" Tetralogy of Fallot with no further complications, or otherwise? Thank you so much. This has been difficult for us. We are looking for a surgeon in St. Louis.

"Single gestation with fetal lie in cephalic presentation. All four cardiac chambers were visualized. The cardiac chambers were balanced in size. A moderate to large outlet perimembranous ventricular septal defect was seen. The aortic valve was overriding the ventricular septal defect. The pulmonary valve annulus was hypoplastic. The main pulmonary artery branches were moderately hypoplastic. These findings were consistent with tetralogy of Fallot.. A stretched patent foramen ovale seen .. No pericardial effusion was seen. No pleural effusion seen. No ascites seen. No mass is seen around the heart. The heart appeared to be located in the normal position in the chest. Pulmonary venous drainage, systemic venous drainage, and aortic arch could not be well visualized but most likely normal No diaphragmatic hernias seen. Normal 3 vessel cord."

"Tetralogy of Fallot with moderately hypoplastic pulmonary valve annulus, main pulmonary artery and branch pulmonary arteries."

------------------------------
    Ray Z
    St. Louis MO
    ------------------------------