Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  New valve!

Posted 09-05-2023 11:42

Hello all!  I'm 36 days post op from having my mitral valve replacement.   I now have a pig Valve and it's working great!  I'm feeling so much better!

------------------------------
    MaryAnn D'Amore
    Compliance Administrator
    Floorplan Xpress
    Englewood CO

• 2.  RE: New valve!

Posted 09-06-2023 03:21
    I had aortic valve surgery 10 years ago and younger and doing good on right side. Mechanical valve I had. Now severe leakage in Mitral Valve and getting evaluated Oct to see what can be done. The Baylor Scott& White doctor said I was older, risky and already had right side done. So he preferred me to more advance valve hospital in Plano, TX. I'm short of breathe, and CHF, and 60 lung capacity. Never smoked and hopefully this hospital can help me. I have a friend who had her Mitral fixed at my age with a robot doing the surgery and doing good. I'm trusting in the Lord and the doctors to get me through this. Since all of this I at time have panic attacks that last very briefly Since my heath changes. I have two small grandchildren I want to see grown. 

• 3.  RE: New valve!

Posted 09-06-2023 06:07

Maryann,

Congratulations!  Mitral valve repair and mitral valve replacement may be done as an open-heart surgery procedure or as minimally invasive heart surgery. What type procedure did you undergo?

Vic

Victor Fabry, CEO
    Healed Hearts of New Jersey
    Short Hills, New Jersey
    fvfabry@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: New valve!

Posted 09-06-2023 15:47
    I am so happy as a reader of Mended Hearts to hear of your good news! May your healing continue. Richie A.