Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Pacemaker Lead Retrieval ??

Posted 02-19-2024 10:39

Looking for someone who has been through this before. Please reach out at kbbertozzi@gmail.com and thank you!

------------------------------
    Karin Bertozzi
    Chapter 94
    Bethesda
    kbbertozzi@gmail.com

• 2.  RE: Pacemaker Lead Retrieval ??

Posted 02-19-2024 16:54
    Four years ago I had a single lead pacemaker and needed a second lead.  The procedure was to remove the single lead and put in 2 leads.  The first lead had to be removed so there would be room for 2 new leads.

You want a doctor that has experience and does the procedure frequently.

I am 100% paced to keep my atria and ventricles synchronized.  I am also active and I do cardiac rehab 3 times per week.

I have had no problems in the 4 years since the procedure.  I was told last week that I have 10 years left on my pacemaker battery.

Best Wishes.

Marv Norman
    Noblesville, Indiana

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5, an AT&T 5G smartphone

• 3.  RE: Pacemaker Lead Retrieval ??

Posted 03-12-2024 14:51

I thought I replied to your most recent post but I don't see it. One of my leads was found to have dropped within an day after the initial implant in June 2023.  I was had another outpatient procedure a day later. They used a local, removed the ICD, fixed the leads, and re-implanted. It was a fairly quick and painless procedure. It's now been 9 months with no further issues. The pacemaker functionally isn't used and the defib would shock me if needed. 

Duane Hookom
    retired
    EDEN PRAIRIE MN

• 4.  RE: Pacemaker Lead Retrieval ??

Posted 03-13-2024 19:14

I don't see my reply either.

Terrell M. Williams

Inventor of the laser lead extraction now sold by Spectranetics. I offered to point to the answer to any question Karin may have.

Terrell Williams
    President
    Pacemaker Patient Advocacy Group
    Brooklyn Park MN