Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Pain and Stinging in chest

Posted 08-10-2022 09:30
    Hi, All......I am new to this forum and would appreciate any input you can give me.  I am 4 weeks out from a triple bypass and aortic valve replacement and I have quite a bit of stinging, burning pain in the upper part of my chest and in my entire right arm that becomes worse in the evening than during the day.  The doctors say that the feelings are "normal".....that the nerves are "regenerating" or "calming down" (depending on which doctor I ask) and that it sometimes takes up to 4 months for these feelings to pass.  I'm just taking Tylenol, but it is definitely not strong enough.  The pain is definitely impacting my quality of life. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Leslie

------------------------------
    leslie gore
    realtor
    FL
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Pain and Stinging in chest

Posted 08-10-2022 11:51
    Hi Leslie

First,Welcome to this wonderful forum! Regarding the adjectives,”regenerating” “calming down”,my very similar experience felt more like nerves sitting right under my skin that was like an itch that couldn’t be relieved. My doc said that during the surgery and right after, the nerves are displaced and have to find their “way home”. I am one year out and I can tell you that it has gotten much better and that feeling only occurs infrequently. I hope the painful feelings dissipate for you, let me know. Take care, Lisa