Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  PVCs again

Posted 11-28-2022 08:15
    Hi, I am new to this forum…my PVCShave been acting up again…especially when I'm lying down at night or upon waking…belching and bloating Reflux disease and an old compensated RIGHT  occluded artery complicate my situation..last nuclear stress test was negative in 2014….all of my echocardiograms incluothe last one in 2021 were normal..7 day Holter monitor showed 2000 PAC and < 1% PVC burden…these flips flops, go from bi Gemini tri Gemini then every 8 or 20 beats, then when I get dressed and moving they subside..

now, my situation is this…I need a total hip replacement and cardiac approval…cardiologist yesterday said EKG showed no extra beats, she listened to heart and lungs and said they sounded good but wants to repeat monitor, echocardiogram and a Lexiscan nuclear stress test…I'm ok with the first two, but have read some unsettling things about the Lexiscan, especially with patients who already have CAD…I mentioned my concert to her, and she assured me that what I was reading was not so…somewhere I'm going to have to trust something someone…the previous cardiologist gave me cardiac approval based on all testing from the past snd asked me, 'if I could climb a flight of stairs, I could go through surgery….???

------------------------------
    tom ]
    VA
    ------------------------------