Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  St Jude aortic valve

Posted 10-31-2022 08:19
    How close are we to prescribing eliquis vs. warfarin? I'm tired of the INR tests and think it's high time for  a script that foregoes INR testing ?!

------------------------------
    brian Tata
    retired
    na
    Ayer MA

• 2.  RE: St Jude aortic valve

Posted 11-01-2022 00:47
    Replying to Brian about warfarin versus eliquis. I was started on warfarin and like you couldn't bear having to have my blood tested every week. But Eliquis was just too prohibitively expensive no matter what I tried to do: insurance copay, GoodRx, SimpleCare. I found a foreign pharmacy that I completely trust and I have been having my Eliquis filled there since February. The cost is $2 per pill versus $9 per pill in this country even with insurance. I don't know if I'm allowed to suggest a referral to that pharmacy, but if you're interested I think you can reply privately. If it's allowed, I'm happy to share the referral code with anyone who's interested. They have a very wide range of medicines and the prices are dramatically lower
    than what we pay in America. Be well.

Deane
    CHF, potential transplant candidate
    NYC

• 3.  RE: St Jude aortic valve

Posted 11-01-2022 22:31
    Dear Brian
    Discuss the medication options with your doctor!!
    I had to use Kumadin for 8 months: it was annoying but i like the idea that if you are bleeding there is an antidote to reverse the blood thinning that does not exist for the other meds

Marilyn B. Rosenhouse
    Mobile: (214)850-0655