Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Thinking of getting a new cardiologist

Posted 11-28-2022 16:02
    Hello,

Trying to figure out if I'm overreacting and thought I would pose the idea to everyone else.

After my first heart surgery, I got extremely ill. Vomiting excessive amounts constantly, bloating, the works. I went to my cardiologist and he couldn't find anything wrong as far as the heart was concerned. Fast forward a year (where I was vomiting several quarts about 3-5x a week) and voila, now there's growths all over my heart. Tests initially show that I have cirrhosis of the liver, but after the heart surgery this corrects to regular levels (which "real" cirrhosis doesn't do). I mention this to my cardiologist and he suggests that it sounds like cardiac cirrhosis.

I research the idea a little bit as it's the first time it's been posed to me. Today I ask my cardiologist about more information. Not only does he not remember the conversation, but he's "never said the term before". Even though I had two witnesses that know that he did. The reason I wanted to follow up is because it really does sound like I had it when I first visited him after my first heart surgery, and I just wanted to know why he hadn't been able to diagnose it as such.

Once again, not familiar with the term as "all my patients are healthy". Visits are typically short and uninformative. I'm willing to believe I am getting healthier, but I don't just want a doctor blowing smoke up my ass, especially when I have a history of chronic illness.

Personally, I think these are enough red flags to warrant a change. But I'm wondering if I'm just being dramatic?

Thanks,
    Joshua Blunt

------------------------------
    Joshua Blunt

• 2.  RE: Thinking of getting a new cardiologist

Posted 11-28-2022 16:21

I'd be gone for sure. 

• 3.  RE: Thinking of getting a new cardiologist

Posted 11-29-2022 00:56
    Hello Joshua, 
    My feelings on cardiologist selection is to  find the best doctor who is affiliated with a hospital known for expert heart care.
    kat

Kat Edwards
    CA

• 4.  RE: Thinking of getting a new cardiologist

Posted 11-29-2022 09:08
    Joshua,

Get yourself an appointment with another cardiologist, preferably one affiliated with a good teaching hospital, and an additional appointment with a good internist affiliated with the same hospital if possible.

It sure sounds as though something is going on which may or may not be heart related and you need to get to the bottom of it with a competent medical team that communicates with you and with one another.

Good luck,

Ira

Ira Reid
    Hoboken NJ

• 5.  RE: Thinking of getting a new cardiologist

Posted 11-29-2022 22:02
    Joshua

You need to find a better Doctor. Stopping wasting your time with this one.

Joe Parisi

Joe Parisi
    Silver Springs FL
    guppy57383@gmail.com
    706-889-6051