Mended Hearts Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm

Posted 03-23-2023 12:14

Hi, I wanted to update everyone on my most recent cardiology results, appt, etc.

I have a new cardiologist (prior one retired).   Radiologist said all looked well on my recent echo.. but alas, cardiologist looked at the echo and he said he measured it diff.  I went from a 4.6 to 4.8 Aortic root dilation in the last 18mos (asc aorta dilation remained same at 3.9) .  So we have a new regimen... started a statin (my cholesterol is fine, however i guess there is some type of benefit regarding ARD size and statin use -- and statin use also helps lower BP by a few points).  He also increase BP meds.   I was running 125/78 and i'm now running 107/60.. this might be too low as I now have headaches and i see there can be a correlation between low BP and headaches.

I have also reached out to the cleveland clinic (a 3 hr drive for me) -- thanks Steve Florkey for the suggestion.  i have an appt in may.  My thought is: 1) get a 2nd opinion. and 2) develop a relationship w/ them so that should i require surgery in the future, they are already familiar w/ me and my case.  I will be sure to update all after that appt.

------------------------------
    Scotty Yelroscam
    IN
    ------------------------------