My name is Dianna Amberg and I would like to take a few moments to introduce myself. Like many of you I have heart health issues, but before that I had a normal life filled with a very meaningful job, a very healthy life style (eating right & daily exercise), a wonderful husband, and three amazing children (who are now grown). That all changed in 2010 when......
- July 2010 -- I was diagnosed with bronchial asthma & treated with meds
- August 23, 2010 -- I was diagnosed with pneumonia & treated with meds
- August 25, 2010 -- I went into V-Tack so the ER Doctor had to stop & restart my heart. After several tests were performed I was diagnosed with viral cardiomyopathy.
- August 27, 2010 -- I had a surgery to implant an ICD (pacemaker/defibrillator)
- February 2014 -- I began getting shocked by my defibrillator
- May 2014 -- I had an ablation surgery done but my heart was to weak to sustain itself & I had to be flown to UCSF. I flatlined many times during this time.
- June 25, 2014 -- I underwent another surgery to have an LVAD implanted, I was in a coma for about 1 1/2 months, I had to learn how to walk, assistance with speech, and fine motor skills, after being in the hospital for 4 months I was able to go home and begin the healing process.
- Arpil 13, 2016 -- after waiting and working hard for 1 1/2 years I was placed back on the waiting list at a B1 status
- April 17, 2016 -- I got "the call" while in Las Vegas the day after my daughter's wedding
- April 18, 2016 -- Heart Transplant Surgery
- June 18, 2016 -- Started Cardiac Rehab
- October 5, 2016 -- In the process of taking over the Fresno Region "Mended Hearts" Program
I want to encourage others by being a positive role model and showing them that life is not over just because something unexpected happens to them. We still have a purpose and can help others by sharing our story and being positive. We all have our ups and downs but we strive on because we know that there's a rainbow at the end of the storm.
I enjoy reading, writing poetry, gardening, attending church, outreach opportunities, spending time with God, camping, helping others, speaking about my health, writing on my blog "living with a dying heart" (I need to get back on that), spending quality time with friends & family, and being the President for Mended Hearts Fresno Chapter.